Honor & Recognition Programs - Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans
4 Hillcrest Plaza Way
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans offers different recognition programs for Veterans in the community.
- Eagle Head Canes: hand-crafted canes available to all Veterans. Applications are available through the Warrior Resource Center, the VFW and the Pavilion.
Presented to recipients the first Thursday of every month
- Let Freedom Ring Project: handmade chimes for Memorial Day and Veteran's Day
- V.O.I.C.E. Program: Veterans Openly Imparting Centuries of Experience. Veterans can share their stories with family, friends and the community.
- Business Window Sticker Program: for businesses to offer special discounts and deals to local veterans registered with Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans. Call or go online for specific details and participation form.
Delta, Dolores, Garfield, Gunnison, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray, San Miguel counties
Call or visit during normal hours of operation for more information on services.
Applications for the Eagle Head Cane program can be found at the Warrior Resource Center at WHAFV, the VFW or the Pavillion.
Must provide proof of military service such as
- Military I.D.
- VFW I.D.
- Discharge certification from WWII
- Driver's license with seal