Recreational Activities & Alternative Therapies - Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans
4 Hillcrest Plaza Way
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Welcome Home Alliance for Veterans offers several recreational activities and alternative therapies for Veterans and their families.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Tae Kwon Do: free for veterans and their families
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Traveling Gym: exercise with a certified trainer. Free for veterans and their families. Is open to the public for a donation to the Warrior Resource Center. Call for specific days and times.
- Music Jam Session: available free of charge for everyone in the community. Individuals can bring their own instruments to play with other musicians or to listen to musicians play. Fridays beginning at 6:30 pm
- Mission: No Barriers: available to disabled Veterans only. Participate in a variety of recreational activities such as hiking, golfing, rafting, photography, horseback riding, kayaking and more. Call for more information on specific schedule.
All recreational events except for the Mission: No Barriers program are held at the Warrior Resource Center.
Delta, Dolores, Garfield, Gunnison, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray, San Miguel counties
Call to sign-up for the Mission: No Barriers program. No RSVP required for other recreational services.
Must provide proof of military service such as
- Military I.D.
- VFW I.D.
- Discharge certification from WWII
- Driver's license with seal
Mission: No Barriers program is available only to disabled Veterans.
All other recreational activities are open to Veterans, their families and the community.