Tax Assistance Colorado East Community Action Agency - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 5)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides free tax preparation assistance year round. This location is by appointment only.
Call (719) 775-8586 to schedule an appointment.
Must have all the necessary documents needed for the appointment. Will need:
- A Photo I.D.
- Social Security cards (or ITINs) for all family members. Proof of Foreign status if applying for an ITIN.
- All W-2s, 1099s and any other income-related documents.
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax deductible expenses.
- A copy of last year’s return, if available.
- Affordable Health Care Statements - Forms 1095 - A, B or C.
- Bank account number and routing number (for direct deposit)
There are some limitations to the types of returns sites can assist with, including some situations around self employment, inheritance income, non cash contributions of more than $500, income from a rental property, supplemental needs trusts, bankruptcies, Code J, and more. Most sites are only able to assist with the current tax year and are unable to file multiple years.