Tax Assistance Colorado East Community Action Agency - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 5)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides free tax preparation assistance year round. This location is by appointment only.
Call (719) 775-8586 to schedule an appointment.
- Photo I.D. for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable).
- Social Security cards (or ITINs) for all family members.
- All W-2s, 1099s, and any other income-related documents.
- Proof of mortgage interest, charitable donations, and tax-deductible expenses (if applicable).
- Records of any expenses paid for child and dependent care and provider’s tax ID (if applicable).
- Records of any college expenses paid and form 1098-T (if applicable).
- Any health coverage forms including 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C.
- A copy of last years tax return, if available.
- Bank account and routing number to direct deposit your refund.
There are some limitations to the types of returns sites can assist with, including some situations around self employment, inheritance income, non cash contributions of more than $500, income from a rental property, supplemental needs trusts, bankruptcies, Code J, and more. Most sites are only able to assist with the current tax year and are unable to file multiple years.