Tax Assistance First United Methodist Church - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 5)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Free tax preparation assistance is offered at First United Methodist Church for those who made $54,000.00 or less in 2017. Tax assistance will start February 3 and will end April 14. This location is by appointment only. Appointments will be available on Saturdays 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
R5, Chaffee County
Call (719) 221-2393 to schedule an appointment. Must have paperwork completed before getting in line. Go the website www.makechangenoco.com/free-tax-prep/ to download, print and complete forms.
- A Photo I.D.
- Social Security cards (or ITINs) for all family members. Proof of Foreign status if applying for an ITIN.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks.
- All W-2s, 1099s and any other income-related documents.
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax deductible expenses.
- A copy of last year’s return, if available.
- Affordable Health Care Statements - Forms 1095 - A, B or C.
- Bank account number and routing number (for direct deposit)