Nutrition Assistance and Education - Local Farmacy RX
460 North Townsend AVE
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
The Local Farmacy Rx program provides assistance and education to Montrose and Olathe families to increase consumption of local fruits and vegetables and improving the health of individuals.
Local Farmacy Rx may include:
- Family-friendly cooking and nutrition education classes
- Farmacy Bucks, an incentive program for the classes to purchase local fruits and vegetables
- Healthy recipe ideas using local fruits and vegetables
- Bonus kitchen items, call for details
- Education on how to purchase health food on a budget
Local Farmacy Rx can also provide families with fruit and vegetable prescriptions that they can take to their local grocery store. Call for details.
There is no cost for families if they are receiving SNAP (Food Stamps) and/or Medicaid benefits. Families must commit to attending 4 or 6 classes and 1 orientation.
Classes are traditionally held between the end of June to October. Class days and times are subject to change at any time. Spanish classes are available.
Call or walk-in for more information.
Must provide: Photo ID, Household Income, Proof of SNAP or Medicaid benefits
For families receiving SNAP (Food Stamps) and/or Medicaid benefits or who may qualify for those benefits with children between the ages of 6 and 12.