Crisis Stabilization Unit (Colorado Springs) - AspenPointe
Acute Treatment Unit and Crisis Stabilization Unit (Colorado Springs) - AspenPointe
Data Provided By
Pikes Peak United Way - PPUW
Description of Service
The Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) is a 24 hour crisis designed to provide a safe place to de-escalate crises, offer early intervention and provide patient stabilization. The average length of stay is 3-5 hours. If additional care is needed, CSU staff can connect patients to appropriate resources within the community.
WHAT TYPES OF CRISES ARE APPROPRIATE FOR THE CSU?
• Being overwhelmed by stress
• Feelings of hopelessness
• suicidal thoughts
• severe depression and/or anxiety
• stress or trauma
• hearing voices
• bizarre behavior
• drug or alcohol abuse
• family and interpersonal conflicts
• work or school related crisis
• breaks with reality
SERVICES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING BASED ON INDIVIDUAL NEEDS:
• Mental Health evaluation
• Skills coaching
• Education on psychiatric and addiction disorders
• Education on professional and self help alternatives
• Referral for continuing care following crisis resolution
• Referral to other community services as needed
El Paso County
R5, El Paso County, Park County, Teller County
Call the crisis line or come in person.
English, Spanish, Other
Available to anyone, regardless of ability to pay. Available for clients of all ages.