Legal Services for Seniors (Weld) / Colorado Legal Services
Region 1 / Colorado Legal Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
The Senior Legal Services project provides free legal help to older adults and civil legal matters.
Senior Legal Services can provide training on:
- Estate planning issues/simple wills
- General powers of attorney
- Long-term Medicaid
- Elder abuse
- Social security
- Food stamp benefits
- Foreclosures/landlord tenant problem (evictions, accessibility, & affordable housing)
- Other issues impacting older adults.
Limited, call for specific information
Call or visit the website for more information.
Must meet income requirements as well as citizen or non-citizen requirements. More specifically:
- Unable to assist undocumented immigrants, unless they are a victim of human trafficking, domestic violence, or other crimes.
- Able to help individuals with documentation of legal status regardless of situation.
Some programs assist seniors over age 60 regardless of income, depending on resources.