Back Home Support Services for Veteran Families (Santa Fe Drive) - Volunteers of America
Santa Fe Drive - Volunteers of America
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Back Home provides supportive wraparound case management services to eligible veteran households, which may include single veterans or veterans with families.
Depending on the circumstances of homelessness, veterans may be eligible for either the Rapid Rehousing or Homelessness Prevention aspects of this service.
Rapid Rehousing includes veterans who are:
- staying in a shelter/transitional shelter/place not meant for habitation
- street homeless
- using a hotel or motel voucher
Homelessness Prevention includes veterans who are:
- staying with family/friends
- staying in a hotel or motel without a voucher
- staying in an apartment with or without a lease
Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson counties
Veterans can call the intake number and leave a voicemail or send an email to begin the screening process.
- have a discharge status of anything other than 'Dishonorable'
- at least one day of Active Duty, including training purposes (National Guard and Reserve members must have been called to Active Duty on an Executive Order.)
- want to find permanent housing
- earn below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for family size in their county
Information on AMIs by county can be found at:
Temporary financial assistance is available on a case-by-case basis.
Veterans who meet the above Intake Requirements and also fall into one of these categories:
- Reside in permanent housing but are at imminent risk of homelessness
- Currently living in a shelter or location not meant for human habitation