AARP Copper Mountain The Edge - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
This site offers tax preparation by appointment only. Call during normal business hours to make an appointment. It is open Friday, March 30th, 2018 and Friday, April 6th, 2018 from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. Clients are seen by appointment only, with the last appointment at 3 p.m. Offers free tax preparation for low to moderate income families and individuals.
- Federal and state e-filing
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedules A itemize deductions), B (dividend and interest income),
simple C (self-employment income), & D (moderate capital gains and
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care and Education
- Prior year tax returns preparation (up to 3 years)
- C - Profit & Loss from businesses with employees (Can do Schedule
C in some circumstances)
- E – Rentals & Royalties (Can do some Schedule E in some
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part I (non-deductible
contributions and distributions) & Part II (conversions to Roth
Limited, call for specific information
Call to make an appointment.
- Identification Document
- Social Security Card or photo copy of social security card for all family members, Social Security tax document, or letter from Social Security
- All tax information necessary
Individuals do not need to be a senior to obtain tax preparation assistance. This site can provide assistance to four people during each scheduled hour.
Unable to prepare these Forms:
- F-Farm Income
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part III (distributions from
- 8615 – Minor’s Investment Income
- State tax returns for other states
Seniors and low to moderate income individuals and families residing in Colorado.