ID and Birth Certificate Assistance (Denver) - Colorado Legal Services
Denver - Colorado Legal Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Assists low-income individuals or seniors with ID and birth certificate needs, including but not limited to the following situations:
- Cases with no supporting documents
- Individuals with names that do not match birth certificates
- Individuals whose public benefits or health care benefits are being denied due to lack of ID or birth certificate
- Individuals who need a Driver's License as a form of ID (i.e., are not restoring a Driver's License due to violations)
Also offers financial assistance to cover the cost of ID and birth certificates.
Walk-in on Wednesdays. Weekly quota will open each Wednesday and close when the quota has been met.
Individuals are required to provide information about the following:
- Household income
- Citizen/non-citizen status
Colorado Legal Services does not assist with any deportation matters.
English, Spanish, Interpretation Available
- Unable to assist undocumented immigrants, unless they are a victim of human trafficking, domestic violence, or other crimes.
- Able to help individuals with documentation of legal status regardless of situation.
Also assists seniors age 60 and over, regardless of income, in certain civil legal matters.