AARP Highlands Ranch Library - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
This site offers tax preparation by appointment only. It is open Fridays from 9:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. from February 2nd, 2018 - April 13th, 2018. Offers free tax preparation for low to moderate income families and individuals.
- Federal and state e-filing
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedules A itemize deductions), B (dividend and interest income), simple C (self-employment income), & D (moderate capital gains and losses)
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care and Education
- Prior year tax returns preparation (up to 3 years)
- C - Profit & Loss from businesses with employees (Can do Schedule C in some circumstances)
- E – Rentals & Royalties (Can do some Schedule E in some circumstances)
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part I (non-deductible contributions and distributions) & Part II (conversions to Roth IRA)
Limited, call for specific information
Call and leave name and phone number to make an appointment. By appointment only.
- Current photo ID
- Social Security Card or photo copy of social security card for all family members, Social Security tax document, or letter from Social Security
- All tax relevant documents
Individuals do not need to be a senior to obtain tax assistance.
Unable to prepare these Forms:
- F-Farm Income,
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part III (distributions from ROTH IRA),
- 8615 – Minor’s Investment Income
- State tax returns for other states
Low to moderate income individuals and families residing in Colorado.
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Friday, 9:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. (2/2/18 - 4/13/18) By Appointment Only