LEAP - Rio Blanco County Department of Social Services
Rio Blanco County Department of Social Services
Data Provided By
United Way of Larimer County 2-1-1 - UWLC
Description of Service
Helps qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or it can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane, or for heat billed on a shared meter. Jefferson County's LEAP program is administered by Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
Rio Blanco County
Rio Blanco County
For clients who received LEAP last year and have not moved, an application packet will be mailed to their address by November 1st. Otherwise, visit the website to download an application. Mail, fax, or email a completed application and identification paperwork to Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado, which administers the LEAP program. Call Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado's LEAP (HEAT-HELP) line for more information.
Clients must provide copies of the following:
- Most recent utility bill OR rent receipt if heat is included in your rent
- Proof of all household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.)
- Valid Photo ID
Valid forms of identification include:
- Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID card
- US Military or Dependent ID card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- Native American Tribal document
English, Language Line Available
Residents of Rio Blanco County must meet the following guidelines:
- The household must contain at least one member who is a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Pay their own heating costs or have heating costs included in their rent.
- Meet gross monthly household income guidelines.