Parent Education - SafeCare - Mesa County Public Health
1129 COLORADO AVE
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
SafeCare is an in-home parent education program that provides direct skills training to caregivers in the areas of parenting, home safety, and child health.
Our home visitors help parents with children age 0 – 5 learn to:
- Reduce challenging child behaviors.
- Increase positive time with their children.
- Remove common household safety hazards.
- Identify and respond to common child sicknesses or injuries.
- Engage children in simple activities.
SafeCare® typically takes 18 – 20 weekly in-home sessions to complete (about 4 – 6 months) and each session lasts 1 – 1.5 hours.
Call or email SafeCare@mesacounty.us
Must provide: Proof of Residency, Other Documentation as Requested
High risk families with children ages birth to five years.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:30 pm; Fridays, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (administration hours)