Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - El Paso County Department of Human Services
El Paso County Department of Human Services
Data Provided By
Pikes Peak United Way - PPUW
Description of Service
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash assistance to income qualified families.
El Paso County
El Paso County
Walk in to apply in person at the El Paso County DHS office Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., or go online to apply for services at www.coloradopeak.secure.force.com
Will need to provide supporting documents such as ID's for the household, birth certificates for the household, social security numbers for the household, all sources of income, proof of residency (such as a utility bill, lease agreement, letter from the person you are staying with, etc.) and any court orders related to child custody.
If you are applying through the PEAK Website, before you start your online application, you might want to gather the following information to help you complete the application:
- Full names, dates of birth, and Social Security Numbers (SSNs) for the people applying for benefits.
- If someone in your home is pregnant, the due date and number of babies for that pregnancy.
- If someone is working, pay check stubs for that person’s job(s). We will ask how much each person makes at his/her job, how often he/she is paid, and how many hours he/she works.
- Benefit check stubs or award letters for types of income, such as Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Child Support. They will ask when these types of benefits started, how much is received, and how often it is received.
- If someone is self‐employed, last year’s tax return for his/her self‐employment (if he/she field taxes for the business). Otherwise, try to gather information about his/her income and expenses for the business.
- How much you pay each month for housing (examples: rent, lot rent, mortgage, property taxes, or homeowner’s insurance).
- How much you pay each month for utilities (examples: electricity, gas, phone, water, and trash removal).
- How much you pay for someone’s care (example: day care for your children) and who provides the care.
English, Spanish, Interpretation Services
Must have a dependent child, be a US citizen or legal alien and meet income and resource guidelines.