Utility Assistance - Integrated Family Community Services
Integrated Family Community Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC) funds to low-income persons who reside in service area to pay for a past due balance on a gas or electric bill. Financial assistance is available only once in a 12-month period. A client can only receive EOC funding once from any agency in a year (November to November).
Arapahoe County (except City of Aurora); Zip codes served: 80102, 80103, 80105, 80110, 80111, 80112, 80113, 80120, 80121, 80122, 80150, 80150, 80155, 80160, 80161, 80162, 80163, 80165, 80166, 80222, 80231, 80246, 80247, 08124, 80125, 80126, 80129
At the appointment, sign in and present the required documents to the Admissions Coordinator. Client must then meet with a case manager.
New and existing clients must provide:
- Photo ID
- Current (within 30 days) proof of address with client's name
- Current (within 30 days) proof of income for all adults (18 years or older) in the household (e.g., most recent paycheck stub, proof of unemployment, child support, etc.)
- Shut-off notice or past due gas or electric bill
- LEAP letter of designation (within Nov.1, and April 30)
New clients must provide:
- Social Security cards (preferred) or birth certificates for children
Call early in the month to see if appointments are available. Funds are not expected to last the entire month.
Low-income individuals and families who live within service area, who have a shut-off notice or past due gas or electric bill. Must meet income guidelines, which are based on family size.