First Month's Rent, Security Deposit and Other Resources (6100 Smith Rd) - Denver Rescue Mission
6100 Smith Rd - Denver Rescue Mission
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
The Family Rescue Ministry has funding up to $1,200 dollars of the first month's rent and deposit for homeless families and seniors.
Financial assistance to help the homeless, who a have monthly income, move into permanent housing.
- First month's rent and security deposit (Rent cannot be more than 50% of monthly net income)
- Once a client is approved they will receive food, clothing, furniture, and household items.
- Matches each family with a mentoring team, who provides various types of services, support and coaching toward self-sufficiency.
- Priority for clients when referred by an agency
Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Jefferson, Denver, Douglas counties
Call for specific eligibility requirements. Two-week intake and 3 to 4-week processing period.
- Mentor-ship is required
- Photo ID
- Proof of income:
- Working families - pay stub
- Seniors 60+ - pay stub, SS, SSI, SSDI, OAP
- Section 8 recipients - pay stub, TANF, SSI, SSDI
- Social Security cards for all family members; Birth certificates for each child
- Must sign release for background and credit check
- Must be willing to submit to drug and/or alcohol screening
- May be other requirements
Homeless (cannot be in a lease at the time of contacting FSHI). No felony in previous 24 months
This program does not offer ongoing rental assistance; it is for the security deposit and first month's rent only.
- Be homeless (cannot be in a lease or month-to-month at the time of contacting FRM)
- Be a family (must have at least one child age 17 or younger in legal custody) OR be a senior (age 60+)
- Have documented and legal employment or social security income (SSI/SSDI) to cover monthly expenses and meet minimum monthly income requirements
- Not have a felony in the previous 24 months
- Not be a registered sex offender
- Not have any evictions in previous 2 years
- Be willing to submit to a background check