Adams County Government Center - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 2)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Walk in for onsite tax preparation. This site is open on Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., January 31st, 2018 - April 11th, 2018. Provides free tax preparation and assistance for low-income individuals and families by IRS-certified students.
- Federal and state e-filing is available
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedule A (no Schedule B) for itemized deductions
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care, Energy, and Education
- Prior year tax returns
Limited, call for specific information
Walk in for assistance on a first come, first served basis.
Clients should bring the following:
- Social Security Cards (or ITINs) or copies of cards for all family members
- Social Security tax document, or letter from Social Security
- Photo I.D.
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income-related documents
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses
- For college expenses: Form 1098T from the college, records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies
- A copy of last year's return, if available
- Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit refund
Tax sites will take people until they are at capacity. Try to arrive early to secure a spot.
Low-income individuals and families (for families with children, must earn less than $56,000/annually).