AARP CSU Rockwell Hall - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 3)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
This is a walk-in site for onsite tax preparation. It is open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. from February 3rd, 2018 - April 17th, 2018. No appointment is needed. Offers free tax preparation and assistance for low income individuals and families.
- Federal and state e-filing
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedules A itemize deductions), B (dividend and interest
income), simple C (self-employment income), & D (moderate
capital gains and losses)
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care and Education
- Prior year tax returns preparation (up to 3 years)
- C - Profit & Loss from businesses with employees (Can do
Schedule C in some circumstances)
- E – Rentals & Royalties (Can do some Schedule E in some
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part I (non-deductible
contributions and distributions) & Part II (conversions to
Limited, call for specific information.
Walk in for assistance on a first come, first served basis.
- Social Security Card or photo copy of social security card for all family members, Social Security tax document, or letter from Social Security
- Photo I.D. for taxpayer and spouse (if applicable)
- All W-2s, 1099s, and any other income-related documents
- Proof of mortgage interest, charitable donations, and tax-deductible expenses (if applicable)
- Records of any expenses paid for child and dependent care and provider’s tax ID (if applicable)
- Records of any college expenses paid and form 1098-T (if applicable)
- Bank account and routing number to direct deposit your refund
- Any health coverage forms including 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C
Individuals do not need to be a senior to obtain tax assistance.
The corner of Meldrum and Laurel is the entrance and enter parking lot. Follow Tax-Aide signs into the building.
Unable to prepare these Forms:
- F-Farm Income
- 8605 – Non-deductible IRA Form 8606 Part III (distributions from ROTH IRA)
- 8615 – Minor’s Investment Income
- State tax returns for other states
Those that make less than $64,000 annually may self-file for free at www.myfreetaxes.com.
Seniors and low to moderate income individuals and families residing in Colorado.
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Saturdays, February 3, 2018 - April 14, 2018, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.