Home/Yard Work Reimbursement - Larimer County Office on Aging
Larimer County Office on Aging
Data Provided By
United Way of Larimer County 2-1-1 - UWLC
Description of Service
Chore Voucher Program is a reimbursement program for chore services designed to increase the safety of the adults age 60 and over to help them remain as independent as possible at home. All chores must be pre-approved and only those approved chores can be reimbursed.
Chores may include:
- Snow shoveling
- Lawn mowing, general yard work
- Repairing fencing, decks, stairs
- Gutter cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Moving appliances and furniture
- Packing or unpacking boxes
Limited, call for specific information
Fill out the application on the website or call and an application will be mailed to the individual. The application can be dropped off in person, sent by mail, faxed or attached to an email. Office on Aging will contact applicant to review the request for approval. This is a reimbursement program, the individual will pay for services upfront, and office will reimburse.
- All requests for chore assistance must be approved by the Office on Aging before the service is rendered.
- Maximum allocation is $350 between July 1-June 30, and the voucher amount depends on the need.
- Program will reimburse the applicant once service is rendered and a signed reimbursement form is mailed back to the office along with the invoice or signature from the provider. Cannot reimburse provider.
- Family members cannot be paid using chore voucher funds.
- Voucher year is July 1 – June 30 and all voucher funds must be spent by June 15.