Offers limited, one-time rental assistance for residents of Golden, Wheat Ridge, Mountain View, Edgewater and unicorporated Jefferson County who are experiencing temporary hardship. Also providing assistance with security deposits and limited mortgage assistance. Rent assistance is given by appointment only.
Cities of Edgewater, Golden, Mountain View, Wheat Ridge, unincorporated Jefferson County
Call the Rental Assistance Line and leave a voicemail with first and last name, phone number, and full address including city and zip code. It may take up to 5 -7 business days to receive a call back to complete a screening and schedule an appointment. No immediate assistance can be provided; may take up to 2 weeks to process application.
Individuals and families must provide the following documentation:
- Photo ID
- Proof of Address - Lease
- Proof of steady, regular income or verification of future employment if currently unemployed
- Proof of recent reduction of income
- Eviction notice or 3-day demand notice
- Must have documentation of temporary hardship and be able to demonstrate ability to pay moving forward
For Security Deposit assistance, individuals must provide the following documentation and meet the following criteria:
- Must be moving to a Jefferson County address
- Must provide documentation of new address
- Must attend a 30 - 45 minute budget counseling appointment before assistance is given
Allow 5 - 7 business days to receive a callback. Assistance is not provided for attorney fees or court costs.
Must meet the following criteria:
- Resident of the areas served
- US citizen, permanent resident or lawfully present in the US
- Experiencing temporary hardship and are normally able to afford current rent
- Have not received rental assistance from the Action Center in the past
- Each grant the Action Center receives may have additional eligibility requirements. Call for details.