Family Education (Kitty Dr) - Mountain Resource Center
Mountain Resource Center
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Offers several educational opportunities for families including:
- Parents As Teachers (PAT), which provides parenting support for families throughout pregnancy and until their child enters kindergarten.
- Parenting Book Club, where parents read parenting and child development books with other parents and parent educators while children are engaged in learning activities in the classroom. Appropriate for children 1-5 years of age and their parent or caregiver.
- Discovery Time, where parents can discover the wonders of learning through play with their children, enjoying art, circle time, books, music, and exciting learning activities. Appropriate for infants through age 5 and their parent or caregiver.
- Family Connections, where parents engage with their children in classroom activities as well as have adult time sharing parenting information facilitated by a parent educator. Appropriate for children ages 1 - 5.
- Active Parenting workshops, where parents of children of all ages learn skills that help develop positive discipline techniques, improve communication and foster good character traits.