Motel Vouchers and Cold Weather Services for Single Men, Single Women and Families - Aurora Warms the Night
Aurora Warms the Night
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides motel vouchers to families with children or homeless individuals on a first-come first-served basis with priority given to families with children. Vouchers are only provided when the weather drops to 20 degrees or lower.
Between 80-100 individuals are served per cold weather activation.
Other cold weather services include the following:
- Transportation to the motel
- Warm clothing (hat, gloves, scarf)
- Hygiene products
- Information on community resources
- Aurora Mental Health Center’s PATH program (case management, mental health services, medical care, housing support)
City of Aurora
Walk in for services; arrive by 11 a.m. and wait in line outside.
Must provide the following:
- Photo ID
- A homeless verification form signed by a provider that states they believe the participant to be homeless.
A voucher may be received ONE time without the form.
Anyone that does not receive a motel voucher at the end of the cold weather activation will be transported to Mile High Behavioral Healthcare/Comitis.
Visit the website for the Aurora Homeless Resource Guide.
The office will be closed December 31st - January 3rd (with the exception of emergency vouchers when it is below 20 degrees).
Must be a homeless family in Aurora (Adult/legal guardian and minor under 18).
Fees or Charges
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 11 a.m. (Voucher Distribution Line Up)