Healthy Families Aspen to Parachute - Family Visitor Program
401 23rd Street
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
Promotes wellness for high-risk families in the Aspen to Parachute region on Colorado's western slope who are pregnant or have newborns by offering universal, accessible and non-stigmatizing services tailored to the family's unique situation.
Families will receive services for three years. Services can be extended up to five years. Visits occur weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on client's needs.
The Healthy Families America program focus is to:
- Reduce child maltreatment
- Increase the use of prenatal care
- Improve parent-child interactions and school readiness
- Ensure healthy child development
- Promote positive parenting
- Promote family self-sufficiency and decrease dependency on welfare and other social services
- Increase access to primary care and mental health services and increase immunization rates.
- Assist families in identifying their needs
- Support families in the home while they respond to their child's and their own needs
- Share ideas on caring for babies, toddlers, and young children
- Link families with other resources in the community for assistance with housing, education, employment, child care, and public and private economic assistance
- Help families feel more empowered
Eagle, Garfield, Pitkin counties
Call or go online to complete the "Request a Visit" form