HopeWest Kids Grief Support Camps - HopeWest Hospice & Palliative Care
HopeWest Hospice & Palliative Care (Mesa County)
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
HopeWest Kids - grief & bereavement services for children, teens and their families.Because loss and grief affect children and teens differently than adults, HopeWest Kids offers specialized education and support designed especially for them.
- Camp Good Grief: A weekend summer camp for children and teens entering grades 3-9. There is a $35 fee to attend camp.
- Itty Bitty Camp:Designed for kids entering kindergarten through second grade. The cost of camp is $25 and includes a lunch. Scholarships are available.
- School Programs:Programs at area schools provide an easily accessible way for children to participate in grief support services. Ask your local school counselor for more information. Groups are free.
- Equine Program:Healing with Horses program pairs kids with horses to process the thoughts and feeling associates with grief. There is a $25 fee for this group.
- Teen Retreat: This weekend camp is for 9th to 12th graders who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Cost is $35 to attend.
Delta, Mesa, Montrose, Ouray, Rio Blanco County
Call for specific information on disability access
Call to register for the camp.
For teens who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Fee information and amounts listed in description
Info in description, some scholarships available
Hours of Operation
Administration Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hours and days of camp given upon registration
Physical Site Address 1
Locations given upon registration
Physical Site City, State, Zip
Grand Junction, Colorado
Grand Junction Administration Office: 970-241-2212