Assists seniors with various services and resources:
- Transportation services, such as rides to the doctor, grocery store, errands and more
- Household chores, such as window washing, changing light bulbs, organization, etc.
- Computer and technology assistance
- Yardwork done on Service Saturday events in the Spring and Fall
- Companionship and friendly visits
- Help establishing a care network
- Recommendations to local service providers
- Access to experts on aging
- Tough Talk Speaker Series and other educational opportunities
- 24-Hour friendship line
- Connection to neighbors
- Social gatherings
- Opportunities to share and mentor
- Respite for caregivers
Denver County, Jefferson County, Larimer County, Chaffee County
Seniors requesting services must fill out and submit a member application with service needed and service willing to provide and complete an assessment phone call with a staff member to determine mutual fit. Once accepted, members are welcomed with a home visit and can begin requesting/providing services.
Services can be scheduled for the weekends, but must be scheduled during business hours with office staff.
Annual membership is required and all members pay what they can. A reciprocal respect agreement must be signed.
Transportation can be requested once per week, with 3-5 days' notice. Snow shoveling is first come, first served, and is not guaranteed. Fees are based on assessment completion, including frequency of services and service type.
Seniors who reside in Denver, Jefferson, Chaffee, Larimer, and Delta Counties. Membership is required in order to receive services. There is no age minimum for membership. If an applicant is requesting transportation services, he or she must be mobile enough to get into and out of a volunteer's car unassisted (without more help than an arm for support).