Tax Preparation Assistance (Ute Mountain Ute Tribe) - VITA
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA Region 4)
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
This site is open from 02/01/2019 - 10/15/2019. Hours vary. Provides free tax preparation and assistance for individuals, families and seniors by IRS-certified students.
- Federal and state e-filing is available
- Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate
- Schedule A for itemized deductions
- Schedule B including interest (1099-INT) and dividends (1099-DIV)
- Schedule D for capital gains or losses
- Schedule C for small self-employed business without inventory or payroll
- EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) & Child Tax Credits
- Forms 1099R, 1099B, 1099G, 1099-Misc, RRB1099, SSA 1099
- Credits: Child & Dependent Care, Energy, and Education
- Prior year tax returns
Limited, call for specific information
Clients should bring the following:
- Social Security Cards (or ITINs) or copies of cards for all family members
- Photo I.D.
- All W-2s, 1099s and other income-related documents
- 1095-A form if enrolled in coverage through Connect for Health Colorado (those with forms 1095-B or 1095-C are encouraged to bring those with them when filing but it is not required).
- Proof of mortgage interest, property taxes, daycare payments, charitable contributions and all other tax-deductible expenses
- For college expenses: Form 1098T from the college, records of expenses paid for tuition, books, fees and supplies
- A copy of last year's return, if available
- Bank account number and routing number to direct deposit refund
Low income individuals and families (for families with children, must earn less than $55,000/annually).