Sexual Assault Victim's Advocacy - Sexual Assault Services Organization
701 S CAMINO DEL RIO
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
SASO provides in-person advocacy for victims/survivors of sexual assault.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Referrals to and information about resources that address STDs, pregnancy, injuries, emergency contraception and other health-related questions.
- In-person accompaniment to the hospital emergency room, meetings with law enforcement or the district attorney's office.
- In-person advocacy to be present at court dates or trials.
- Referral to the victim's advocate with the courts.
- Therapist referrals
- Victims Compensation to help victims financially with the costs of medical expenses, counseling, household support and many other needs.
Advocate meetings with clients can only be conducted on-site at the SASO office or a designated professional office. Advocates may not meet with client's at their own home.
La Plata County
Archuleta, La Plata, Montezuma, San Juan Counties
Call or walk-in during normal hours of operation to schedule an appointment to speak with an advocate.
Some documents may be required for specific services. Call for more information.
For victims/survivors of sexual assault.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (administration hours)
Advocate services may be available outside normal hours