Provides assistance through the Emergency Assistance/Homeless Prevention Program to low-income families and individuals in crisis who reside in Weld County. Assistance may include utility payment (heat and electric only) and rent, when funding is available.
(Out of Rent assistance funds until further notice)
Call Catholic Charities Hotline and listen to pre-recorded message in its entirety. The hotline will only be open a few days every week and that schedule changes. Call the hotline to find out if they are open and what type of funding (rent or utilities) is currently available. Funding can change at any time. No walk-in requests for funding assistance will be accepted.
For utility assistance, clients must provide the following documentation:
- A current photo ID of person requesting assistance, who is an AUTHORIZED person on the account
- Payments to the vendors must be enough to guarantee service for at least 30 additional days from the date funds were committed
- Payments must be for actual amounts owed. The assistance cannot create a credit in the applicant’s account
- Payments will not be made to individuals or landlords. The payments must go to fuel vendors
- A person/household cannot make more than 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
For United Power Customer:
- Please call (970) 353-6433 to leave your name and contact phone number
- If you are requesting heat or electric bill help, proof of applying for the LEAP program if you are eligible, will be required at your appointment or you may complete the application in the office with the required documents
- Individuals must make payment or payment arrangements to prevent utility shut off
Low income individuals or families who need assistance. Must have a consistent payment history on utility accounts.