Exists as a free, indoor air quality program for residents of the City of Fort Collins aimed at improving the air quality of homes by reducing chemical and biological pollutants and promoting safety.
During the assessment, two Master Home Educators will come to your house and go through the following process:
- Initial discussion and interview
- Non-invasive walk through inspection to identify problem areas and concerns
- Set up a Radon test kit
- Distribute fire/smoke alarm and Carbon Monoxide detectors if needed
At the end of the walk through, the Master Home Educators will leave you with 3-5 low-cost or no-cost recommendations based on the following categories:
- Chemical contaminants (i.e. toxic cleaning materials and pesticides)
- Moisture problems (i.e. mold or moisture damage)
- Pests problems (i.e. bed bugs, rodents, etc.)
- Ventilation problems
- Asthma and allergy triggers
- Home maintenance
Residents also now have the capability of conducting their own assessment using the online “Do It Yourself” tool https://healthyhomes.fcgov.com
City of Fort Collins
Call to make an appointment. Assessment appointments are based on Master Home Educator availability.
Each in-home assessment comes with a free radon kit, smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, and an all-natural, all-purpose cleaner.
Any resident within the city limits of Fort Collins is eligible