Lawrence St Community Center - Denver Rescue Mission
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Program
Offers the following services throughout the day, seven days a week:
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (dinner available to sheltering men only)
- Socks, underwear, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, and women’s personal care items
- Outdoor courtyard space to stay in during the day
Limited, call for specific information
Walk in for services
Individuals will be able to stay inside during the day in instances of extreme weather.
- Men: No sign-up required. Three daily shower times will be offered during the hours of 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Women: Sign-up beginning at 7 a.m. for one of four designated morning shower slots. Sign-up beginning at 1 p.m. for one of four designated afternoon shower slots.
Laundry: Sign up beginning at 7 a.m. for laundry times at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.; another sign-up is available at 1 p.m. for laundry at 2 p.m. Laundry may be done once a week and is limited to what fits in the designated bags.
Hygiene Items: Available in the Resource Room, 7:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Denver Rescue Mission ID cards may be replaced at the following times: 5 a.m. - 6:30 a.m.; 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Individuals ages 18 and older and adults with children
While breakfast and lunch are available to everyone regardless of sheltering status, dinner is available only to men who are sheltering at one of the shelter locations.