The Colorado Department of Law is focused on:
- Upholding the United States and Colorado Constitutions.
- Providing the highest level of ethical legal service to the State of Colorado.
- Defending the laws and officers of the State of Colorado from legal challenge.
- Protecting and preserving the quality of Colorado’s land, water, and air.
- Advocating for policies that help law enforcement improve community safety.
- Protecting Coloradans from consumer scams and fraud.
- Ensuring that Colorado’s elections remain free from criminal fraud.
- Promoting open, accountable governance.