Independence Center

Data Provided By
Pikes Peak United Way Pikes Peak United Way - PPUW
General Information
Description of ProgramThe Independence Center is consumer-directed and serves people with disabilities, with specific departments for Deaf & Hard of Hearing and those with Low Vision or Blindness. Our services are free for all who self-identify as having a disability and live in El Paso, Cheyenne, Kit Carson, Lincoln, Park and Teller counties. Along with our Colorado Springs Center, there are extension offices at Aspen Mine Center in Cripple Creek and Calhan Outreach Center in Calhan.

Go online or contact our Information & Referral Specialist at (719) 471-8181 to learn more.
LocationEl Paso County
Geographic AreaR5, El Paso County, Teller County, Park County, Lincoln County, Cheyenne County, Kit Carson County
Client Information
Languages SpokenEnglish, Spanish, Other
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Contact Information
Contact's Phone(719) 471-8181
Physical Site Address 1729 South Tejon Street
Physical Site City, State, ZipColorado Springs, CO 80903
Main Phone(719) 471-8181
TDD Phone7-1-1 (CO Relay)
Fax(719) 471-7829
Additional Information
Affiliated Agency and Services
Affiliated Agency:
Independence Center
This Program: Independence Center
Affiliated Services: Affordable Disability Housing Search Assistance - Independence Center
Assistive Technology - Independence Center
Deaf & Hard of Hearing (HOH) - Independence Center
Disability Picture ID Bus Card - Independence Center
Employment Support - Independence Center
Help with SSI/SSDI Benefits - Independence Center
Home Health Care & Caregiver Training - Independence Center
Home Modification Program - Independence Center
Independent Living Skills Classes - Independence Center
Information and Referral - Independence Center
Low Vision & Blindness - Independence Center
Peer Support and Self-Advocacy- Independence Center
Transition Services - Independence Center