Offers advocacy for people of all ages who have an intellectual/developmental disability (ID/DD). The Arc of Larimer County supports adults with ID/DD to advocate for themselves, also guardians and parents to advocate for their children with ID/DD in the following ways by:
- Helping clients understand laws, rules, and regulations that govern services
- Offering a listening ear for life successes and struggles
- Empowering individuals and families with information and skills
- Determining services available for individuals and offer support in accessing them
- Assisting with follow-up to assure they're receiving appropriate services
relating to SSDI, Medicaid, Long Term Care, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Early Intervention programs
- Protecting human and civil rights and provide opportunities for inclusion such as attending IEP meetings, service planning, and any other meeting to provide support
- Facilitating conflict resolution
Call to access services.
English, Spanish, ASL
Individuals living with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families.