Provides home modifications for individuals with a long-term disability and a financial need. Services specifically focus on modifications related to accessibility within, into, or out of the home. Emergency repairs are not offered. Also holds an annual ramp building event.
Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson counties.
Complete an application for assistance, which will be followed by a site visit. Completed applications and site visits are reviewed at monthly gifting council meeting.
Provide copies of:
- mortgage statement
- recent checking or savings account balance
- proof of homeowners insurance
- recent federal income tax return or SSI/SSDI award letter
Services not offered:
- Major, minor or emergency home repairs
- Handyman/ maintenance work
- Electrical work (unless it’s related to one of the approved accessible modifications)
- Plumbing work (unless it’s related to one of the above accessible modifications)
- Roofing work
- Landscaping/ yard work
- Appliance repair
- HVAC installation/ repair
- Countertops and cabinets (unless it’s related to one of the above accessible modifications)
- Walk-in tubs
- Provide accessible equipment (i.e. ADA toilet, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Work on rental properties
- Work on homes without insurance
- Work on homes outside of the 8-county area
Clients must have a financial need, a long-term disability with accessibility needs, and be a home owner. Projects are selected based on the above criteria being met as well as funds available at the time of request.