Centennial Mental Health Center (CMHC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing the highest quality comprehensive mental health services to the rural communities of Northeastern Colorado.
4 Regional Directors manage local administrative operations with Centennial's 10 counties designated in 4 regions:
• Northeast: Logan, Phillips, and Sedgwick counties
• Central: Morgan, and Washington counties
• South: Elbert, and Lincoln counties
• East: Cheyenne, Kit Carson, and Yuma counties
Centennial is well-positioned to identify local needs and provide prompt response, with offices in:
Akron, Burlington, Elizabeth, Fort Morgan, Holyoke, Julesburg, Limon, Sterling, Wray and Yuma, and services available in Cheyenne Wells.
Administrative offices are located in Sterling, CO, which is the home base for the Executive, Deputy, Finance, and Medical Directors. Center-wide functions provided from Sterling.
To provide a comprehensive array of superior behavioral health services that support safe, successful, and self-sufficient lives throughout our ten-county area.
Urgent Services Provided
• Individual Therapy
• Group Education and Group Therapy
• Couples and Family Therapy
• Case Management
• Residential Services
• Transitional Services
• Day Treatment
• Intensive Out-Patient Services
• Psychiatric Assessment and Medication Management
Not all services are available in all locations. Talk with your clinician to find out the services in your county.
24-Hour Emergency Services
Crisis interventions and evaluations to determine need for psychiatric hospitalizations are available throughout the service region 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Clinical Coordinators manage center-wide clinical operations designated into 4 service categories:
• Youth & Family
• Adult Mental Health
• Substance Abuse
• Intensive Services
Services to families with children at risk for out-of-home placement include intensive family therapy, extensive case management and interagency collaboration.
Outpatient services provide children, adolescents, adults and the elderly with a variety of therapy options to best fit individual needs.
• Individual Counseling
• Couple Counseling
• Family Counseling
• Group (educational and therapeutic)
• Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services (includes
DUI Level I and II)
The Journey Program
Support for individuals with severe and persistent mental disorders.
Support offered includes:
• Therapeutic Intervention
• Case Management Services
• Partial Hospitalization
• Medication Management
• Assessment of Functioning Level
• Social and Leisure Skills Development
• Training in Life and Work Skills
A variety of psychological testing and evaluation services, including psychiatric consultation, are available for individuals aged five through geriatrics.
Medication management and monitoring services are provided to clients of all ages.
Adult Residential Program
Residential facilities in Sterling provide therapeutic programming in a community setting for individuals who are disabled by serious mental illness. The overall goal of the program is to provide the services that are necessary to enable clients to live and function independently in the community.
HUD Affordable Housing
Centennial Mental Health Center administers three affordable Housing Programs:
1. Housing Choice Voucher Program by providing rental assistance to income-eligible tenants by subsidizing a portion of their monthly rent and utilities and paying it directly to their landlords. Once you have been accepted into the Housing Choice Voucher program, you must remain in good standing. Applications are only accepted when the waiting list is open. Vouchers are awarded according to availability and determined need. Vouchers are a contract between a participant, a landlord, and the DOLA - Division of Housing.