Greeley Interfaith Association (GIA)
GIA is made up of several faith communities and social service agencies which share information and opportunities for collaboration.
To accomplish our mission, the member organizations strive to:
1. Promote the general welfare of and take an active interest in identified social problems in the Greeley area.
2. Develop the capacity to study and provide information about particular social issues and suggest specific involvement of the member organizations toward their resolution.
3. Develop supportive and cooperative relationships among religious groups and agencies working in the community to meet human needs.
4. Engage in cooperative fund raising to support social service projects in the community.
5. Encourage involvement by laity and clergy in community and social concerns.
6. Provide opportunities for interfaith social ministry activities and to support planned Holy Week Services and Holocaust Memorial Observances.
The purpose of the Greeley Interfaith Association (GIA) is to promote learning and cooperation between Greeley’s faith community and member social service organizations, to bring about social justice, and to address human need in our community, be it spiritual, emotional or physical.