Provides individual advocacy for both children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Individual advocacy includes:
- Knowledge, understanding, and assertion of rights
- Obtaining support to be effective self-advocates
- Practicing self-determination
- Practicing self-protection
- Obtaining needed services
- Fully participating in the community
To protect the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through advocacy and support services.
In 1950, a small group of parents and other concerned individuals came together to act as voices for change.
Call or walk in for more information.
Individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities and their families.