Provides individual advocacy for both children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Individual advocacy includes:
- Knowledge, understanding, and assertion of rights
- Obtaining support to be effective self-advocates
- Practicing self-determination
- Practicing self-protection
- Obtaining needed services
- Fully participating in the community
The Arc of Weld County promotes and protects the human rights of people in the community with intellectual and developmental disabilities through advocacy and support services.
In 1950, a small group of parents and other concerned individuals came together to act as voices for change.