Offers assistance to individuals living with ALS in the following ways by:
- Offering support groups for individuals diagnosed with ALS and their families
- Providing free loans of augmentative communication devices and durable medical equipment.
- Accepting donations on behalf of the association, and pick-ups may be available for certain items.
- Conducting home visits by a case manager on a yearly or as needed basis.
- Giving out comprehensive information about ALS and offering referrals.
- Offering up to $1000 per ALS patient, per year, for respite care.
To lead the fight to cure and treat ALS through global, cutting-edge research, and to empower people with Lou Gehrig's Disease and their families to live fuller lives by providing them with compassionate care and support.
Call or visit the website for more information.
Individuals must be diagnosed with ALS to receive services. Family members may also be eligible for certain supportive services.