Aids individuals in understanding what health-related benefits are available to them, navigating them through the application process, and educating them on how to get the most out of their benefits. Benefits in Action works primarily with the following assistance programs:
- Connect for Health
- SNAP (Food Assistance)
Benefits in Action is dedicated to improving the understanding, access and utilization of health-related benefits to enhance health and well-being with a focus on the elderly and the underserved.
Call to complete an intake and to schedule an appointment.
Individuals interested in applying for assistance must provide the following documentation:
- A valid ID (driver's license, social security card, passport, etc.)
- Proof of legal residency (birth certificate, naturalization card, etc.)
- Proof of income, if applicable (pay stubs, W-2's, SSI or disability payments, etc.)
- Proof of assets, if applicable (bank statements, etc.)
- Proof of household expenses, if applicable (rent/mortgage bills, phone bill, child support payments