Provides a residential community for pregnant women age sixteen through childbearing age.
Shannon's Hope embraces the mission to provide a loving, life-affirming home to pregnant women. We strive to complete this mission by:
- Offering housing and support through our residential home and/or shepherding homes
- Referring our clients to community resources or to adoption agencies which may be helpful to them as a single or relinquishing parent, enabling them re-entry into life
- Helping our clients initiate a "plan" for their future to work towards, both during and after their pregnancy
- Fostering a spirit of independence for themselves and also passing on to their children the same spirit, enabling many to break dependent roles
- Maintaining at all times, through and within the facility of Shannon's Hope, an atmosphere and practice of faith, hope and love.
Call for more information.
- Commit to at least a 6-month residency in the program
- Be able to pay or willing to obtain income to pay for a small residential fee
- Be willing to participate in the program
Women who are at least 16, pregnant or less than three months post-partum, who have been drug-free for at least 6 months and have no recent violent criminal charges.