The Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD) is a private, charitable, non-profit Community Mental Health Center governed by a volunteer board of directors. MHCD works to improve well-being in the community through a focus on recovery and resilience across the lifespan by providing a comprehensive range of community-based behavioral and psychiatric services to children, youth, families, and adults. Culturally proficient services are available for:
- Homeless adults and youth
- Adults and children who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Youth at-risk for suicide
- Spanish-speaking adults, children, and families
- Adults and the elderly in nursing homes
- Individuals involved in the justice system
- Denver Public School students
- LGBTQ+ community
- People living with HIV
Services provided at the Mental Health Center of Denver include:
- Emergency and crisis services
- Psychological testing
- Assertive Community Treatment for persons with serious and persistent mental illness
- Adult and children outpatient Treatment
- Vocational rehabilitation and supported employment
- Evaluation services and referrals
- HIV prevention and support
- Child and family services including in-home counseling, residential services, and early intervention services in preschools
To enrich the lives and minds of people by focusing on strengths and well-being.
The Mental Health Center of Denver was formed in 1989 when Denver City leaders recognized the need to establish a single provider of mental health services in Denver County. At the time, there were four independent centers that consolidated into the Mental Health Center of Denver, a more efficient and responsive mental health center that better served the culturally diverse needs of Denver.
Call to schedule an intake appointment
English, Spanish, American Sign Language, Interpretation Services Available for Other Languages
Adult, youth, families, and children who reside in Denver; most insurance plans are accepted (including Medicaid), and services are set at a low fee for uninsured and low income residents who meet eligibility requirements.