Provides the following services at libraries throughout Jefferson County:
- Story time (early literacy classes)
- Computer classes
- Bookmobile service with regular and large print books
- Large print book service for nursing homes and senior assisted living facilities
- Homebound services for residents who are unable to come to the library due to a permanent or temporary condition lasting longer than three months
- Access to books and technology
- Tax preparation assistance
- Legal self-help clinics
- Summer activities for children
Established in 1952, Jefferson County Public Library was founded on a commitment to freedom through knowledge for all residents of Jefferson County. The library has since grown to become one of the top 25 most technologically progressive library systems in the nation and one of the most service-oriented organizations in the state, while holding fast to its mission of equal access for all. In addition to an outstanding Online Library, the Jefferson County Public Library offers a collection of more than one million books, audio books, CDs, videos and DVDs. With eight of its 10 libraries open seven days a week, the library offers children's story times and other programs for youth and young adults, as well as book discussion groups for the whole family and free classes on using the Internet and searching our resources.
Call or visit website for more information.
Government - County
Jefferson County residency required. Eligibility may also depend upon the service needed.