Trains dogs to provide auditory aid to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing. Dogs are rescued from shelters. Priority applicants include individuals who:
- have at least a sixty-five decibel hearing loss
- live alone or with other persons who are deaf
- do not have other dogs in the household
- and are able to work with and care for a dog
International Hearing Dog's (IHDI) mission is, "to train dogs to assist persons who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, with and without multiple disabilities, at no cost to the recipient."
Call or email for an application.
English, American Sign Language
- Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Age 18 or older
- Have at least a 65 decibel hearing loss (unaided)
- Are physically able and willing to care for and continue the training of a hearing dog
- Have no other dogs in the home