Assists individuals with a range of needs including:
- Mobility equipment (e.g., wheelchairs, prostheses, walkers, handicapped accessible vans)
- Ramps and house modifications for accessibility
- Medical equipment, procedures and supplies (not including medical bills)
- Food and gas (cases of medical need)
- Hearing aids and glasses
- Dental care (extractions, full dentures)
- Short-term daycare
- Children's clothing and clothing for working adults
Provides assistance to people who find themselves in a situation where they have nowhere else to turn. It may be an elderly person on a fixed income, a working family whose child is struck by severe illness, an accident victim, a disabled person, or a schoolchild whose family can't afford basic needs.
Only accepts applications from referring professionals on behalf of the applicant. Applicants are to ask their referring professional (social worker, teacher, school counselor, health care professional, minister, etc.) to contact Friends of Man. The referring professional will fill out the form online to request an application.
Individuals in need who are referred by referring professionals. Visit the website for more information.