Provides public education and prevention programs for the community. Provides free smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors with free installation to senior citizens and low-income families.
Responsible for the completion of juvenile fire setter evaluations, conducts inspections of businesses, and investigations of fires.
Other services offered:
- Offer free gun locks
- Issues free burn permits
- Issue all permits for sales of legal fireworks outside of city limits
- Fire prevention program
- Fire safety and prevention classes for seniors citizens
- Free car seat inspections and assistance with installations (car seats provided for small donation)
- Assist with grants through Safe Kids Colorado Coalition for safe playground equipment for community
- School bus safety classes for bus drivers
- Organize Fire Prevention Week and Fire Education Class during first two weeks of October at Twombly and Butler Elementary Schools
- Tours of Fire Station available upon request
- Oversees storage and handling of all hazardous materials
“To provide a professional service to those in a time of need with a sense of integrity, pride, and compassion for well being.”